The following cards are supported:
This is a cheap but decent range of SDI cards. It may be possible to directly use the kernel driver API to get access to some of the missing features but this is a very large amount of work. Support team are helpful however.
These cards are used heavily in OBE deployments.
- Low cost
- 4K on most recent card
- Lack of access to partial SDI frames - always returns a full frame.
- Lack of access to full AES frames - S302M passthrough will not include user data
- Older cards will skip VBI lines - Line 22 on PAL streams on a DeckLink HD Extreme 2 has been confirmed by Blackmagic Support.
- Closed source drivers.
Cards not supported:
- Serious lipsync problem and problem with switching
- Licence incompatibility with drivers.